Either way, that is what I did this weekend.
It started with a breakfast for one.
Then down to business. First 19 jars of dill pickles (a family favorite). A very old recipe from my grandmother.
John and I have been canning since 2009.
There hasn't been store bought pickles in my house since then!
We planted a blackberry bush in 2007 and this year it finally yielded enough berries for jam.
Not much but it is a start. 9 small jars.
My first time to make it so I'll let you know how it tastes when we open the first jar. I plan to do that in about a month.
2 years ago I made some peach jam it was very good so I have hopes for the blackberry.
Have you done some canning? If so, what. What is your favorite?
3 comments:
My first canning experience was in missions training many years ago. We learned to can meat and veggies.
Now days I do jam - usually strawberry, but I made some good blackberry jam last year from frozen berries. I have made peach too!
I used to freeze peaches but now can them every year. I love to open those delicious peaches in the middle of January! Yum!
I've never made pickles...will you share your recipe?
Deanna
Deanna,
I think peach is my favorite. Yes, I will share the recipe and how I do it. I'll put it in a post very soon.
Brenda
Yummy.... I will take one blackberry jam :-)
Post a Comment