December 4, 2012

Another Goodbye

A very special woman in my life has been called to Heaven.

John's mother, Joanie. Joan Amelia Shetler Murphy.






She passed away after a fall and very brief hospital stay of not even 24hrs. Her heart was very weak and she simply slipped away. Recently, she had told many family members, including me that her was life had been perfect and whenever the Lord called her home, she was ready. She even made an audio tape and at the end she said....Do not cry or be sad because I am happy. What a wonderful wonderful woman.
She is now with her husband and oldest son. I know she is smiling.

After John's death, my mother-in-law became even closer to me. We shared daily emails and she advised me in many ways. I will miss her deeply but I will try to follow her wish and not be too sad. I will remember her contagious laugh and beaming smile.
             Aways the smile.






4 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Hello! How are you?!! I think of you so often throughout my days.

I love the picture of you and John at the bottom, so special!

What a blessing to rejoice and not grieve as you know where your dear mil has gone...into the arms of Jesus!

Thinking of you today and praying for wisdom for you~

hugs~ Cinnamon

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am sorry for your loss. What a special woman to become closer to you after you lost John.

Deanna

ps - thank you for your sweet comment today - we had to put Samantha down today as she got so much worse. She was a part of our lives for 10 1/2 years. She'll be missed.

God's Grace Overflows said...

I am very sorry for your loss, but just remember it will only be for a short moment and then you will all be reunited one day. Such happy memories to hold onto.
Many Blessings,
Amy

Pam said...

So sad and sweet at the same time. I know we are all getting closer and closer to that day when we can all be together with Jesus, and the last days are in our midst... but it is hard to loose those we love. The pictures are sweet. She seemed very special. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Blessings

Pam