June 17, 2009
Fawn sighting
At 7:30am this morning on my way to work-on the dirt road just before I reached the blacktop, I saw something cross the road. It was about 50 yards away but I could tell it was small and dark colored. It crossed and went into the tall grass on the side. I drove slow and looked in the grass and there it was....a fawn. Very small. No bigger than Sara was. It still had spots! It was crouched down but looking at me. I wondered where Momma was. I took a picture with my cell and will try and download later. It looked very scared so I just looked for a moment then drove on. With it's size and color, I don't think it was over a few days old. What a wonderful way to start my day. One the perks of country living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment