March 22, 2010

SPRINGBREAK 2010




What a wonderful spring break. The week started out with beautiful sunny weather but ending with yet another freeze. There was even snow in our hometown of Irving.
The week began with a visit from our oldest and a short trip to the lake. Tuesday I left for my little road trip to Fort Worth. As I left the country, I was excited to see friends and family. After a while and time spent in traffic, I remembered one of the reasons I left.
A night spent with friends and family, one after another made for a perfect little get-away.
YaYa time was greatly needed. Friendship is such a gift and I cherish our relationships.
Grand kids were especially fun, but seeing my precious son and daughter was much needed. To see them making adult/family decisions and dealing with the stress that so often accompanies it, weighs heavy on my heart. It seems even at my age, I find myself passing through yet another phase as a parent. However, I am very proud of my children.
Before I knew it, it was time to head home. HOME. Even though tears welled up in my eyes as I drove away from where a piece of my heart stays, I looked forward to seeing familiar sights. There is a field about 1hr from the city that seems to mark the switch over. City to Country. My heart smiles and I get a feeling of comfort. Is that crazy? I can't stay long in town before I want to go home. I isn't long after being at home that I long to go back to town. For me, it is all about the people in my life.
Everything in life has compromises.

No comments: