August 15, 2010

UMMMMM........


I have to share this recipe
guaranteed to bring a smile to any coffee lover.

I tried it yesterday for the first time and it is AWESOME.

Living 25 miles from the nearest Starbucks
causes me to be a little creative.

So I am now making my own frappuccino! Not only are they
readily available but they are also quite a bit cheaper!

It will make 2 large servings so I put one in a water bottle and freeze for later.

  • 3 cups of ice

  • 1 1/2 TLBS instant decaf coffee

  • 3 TLBS Splenda

  • 2 cups 2% milk

  • 1 tsp vanilla

  • 1/2 cup heavy cream-Not really necessary but makes it creamier.

Blend till smooth and top with with whipped cream.....drink with a straw and ENJOY

Here are some options.

I have not tried them all but believe me...I will

  1. Mocha-add 2 TLBS of unsweetened cocoa powder.

  2. Java chip-blend in a few chocolate chips

  3. Carmel Macchinato-replace the splenda with 1/3 cup carmel sauce.

No comments: