Recently a coworkers mother passed away. December 10th.
Every day; twice a day, I pass her grave.
It is on a small FM road on my way to town.
December 1st 2001 my mother passed away.
She is buried next to my father
off a small FM road about 200 miles away.
As I pass the grave each day, I see the many beautiful flowers
that are placed there. As the days have passed
their beauty fads and I know that soon,
it will look like all the other graves.
I remember when my mother's grave looked fresh
and feelings were fresh as well.
In some ways time treats feelings much like the flowers.
That is why my brother and I
planted a crepe myrtle bush at my parents grave.
Hoping that life would take hold and
fresh flowers would always be there.
I am happy to say, it worked and
there are fresh flowers
every day, no matter how far away I am.
Each day as I drive past her mother's grave-
give a glance,
bow my head
and think of my mother as well.
Her mother's passing has touched me.
My heart goes out to anyone who is
missing their mother,
especially as this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment