December 12, 2010

A Night in Big "D"

A dear friend treated us to a memorable evening in Dallas. It began with a train ride to American Airlines Center on the TRE from FortWorth. We were on our way to watch the Dallas Mavericks play the Utah Jazz. The memories began. To quote the conductor, "Don't be alarmed, but the train hit a car"! Yes, I am serious. Fortunately, there were no passengers in the car! We had to then spend 1hr and 10min standing on a very crowed train waiting for the police to complete their business and allow us to continue on. Time was spent talking and for some....commenting on Facebook through their phones. Finally we were on our way. We arrived at the game just in time for the tip off. What a spectacle. Lights, music, cheers and alot of excitement. We were lucky enough to sit in a platinum suite. What a treat! The game was very exciting and the Mav's won, making it their 12th in a row! Now back to the train for our return trip. More memories! We missed the first train and had to wait 40 minutes to return on the very last one of the evening. A cold front had hit Dallas-it was cold and windy. We got back to the station safe and sound. My trip ended with a great breakfast this morning with my BFF Michele and her daughter and my son and his girlfriend.
What a truly spectacular weekend!



Stuck on train can be fun




My view as I sat down....


As we entered AAC




Dirk takes a free throw

Fun Fun Fun



The Gang



Our view




Mark Cuban and the soldiers at the game


Our train ride home


I want to share the feeling as I left highway 20 and headed south to Stephenville. As I began to see pastures of cattle and familiar hay stacks, I became relaxed and a feeling of home came over me. I LOVE my friends and family and visiting them in town, but I truly know
my heart is in the country.
Home Sweet Home




1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a fun and memorable night you had!

I want to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today, and for introducing yourself! I am so happy to meet you,Brenda!

My paternal grandfather hailed from Texas - his mother, Adelaide Sargent came from Sargent, TX I believe! I have always loved Texas - I guess it is in my blood!

Hope to see you around blogland more often!

Deanna

ps. I hope you will post photos of your quilt when you finish it!