That is a term, that as a native central Texan, we possibly experience once a year.
By that I mean, one night a year.
As of today, we are into our 3rd day of a hard freeze.
Schools and businesses have been closed.
Here on Murphy Ranch it is COLD. I have to bust the ice in the animals water every few hours.
Thank goodness for the heater in the cattle tank.
This is what the yard animals water looks like.
I rigged a heat light up for the cats and Yogi, but she will not stay in there.
I guess if she gets cold enough, she will!
For the first time EVER, the pond is frozen all the way across.
Everything is so quiet. We have not left the ranch since Monday afternoon.
Sometimes it feels like we are the only people on earth.
Maybe that is normal when you live in the middle of 80 acres, off a dirt road.
The entire country seems to be in a hard freeze.
Put on another blanket and Yall keep warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment