February 13, 2012

The wind on my face

I made a quick trip to the big city for my grandson's 4th birthday party.













Happy Birthday Bryce!




I left on a cold windy afternoon and returned the next day to a winter wonderland. There is something about snow that brings a smile to your face. Even though I was worried about the roads, the windmill, the cows and the pump house....the snow made me smile. Yes, I am somewhat of a worry wart. I tend to thing too much. John always had things figured out even before it happened-I am not so good at that-so I worry. Always have. But I am happy to report that by this morning, the snow has melted and the sun is shining. I am off work today and enjoying God's beauty. Well, that and getting caught up on some chores. Late morning I put hay on the 4 wheeler and took it to the cow feeder. Then I took a ride to the cemetery as I often do. Time is passing so quickly and life is moving forward. I take a deep breath and hug my John in my mind and ride on. Checking the fence line and enjoying the cold air and warm sun on my face. I so love this country. It calms me and give me a feeling of such satisfaction. But it is just so different without my partner. My reality has changed. But today I am like Scarlett-I'll think about that tomorrow. Today I am just riding in the wind.



Is there something that you do that just erases the worries of the day?



If not, may I suggest you find something.



Enjoy this day..this day that God has given us.
























2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Hello sweet bloggy friend. I love the street sign you have!! Love it. Now If I ever get down your way I will be able to find you :-) ha ha!

What I did when John was in Afghanistan was remember God's truth's. Meditate on them. Say them over and over to remind myself of what is TRUE and crowd out all my worries.

Hugs to you~ Cinnamon

Cinnamon said...

p.s. Want to know one truth for you that I know?

You will see your handsome John again. Arms open wide welcoming you HOME.

Love * hugs * and smiles sent your way~

~Cinnamon