July 14, 2010

Have I mentioned how much I hate weeds?


Gardening is a great reward and I love it, but I HATE WEEDS!

I have a wagon that I use in the garden. It has many uses on the farm and holding my umbrella is one of them. I use knee pads too. That way I don't have to bend over so much, which tends to hurt my back. My gloves protect my hands and no true Southern woman would work outside with out a hat! So 2 days of pulling weeds and everything is looking much better....again, till the next time. I hate doing it but it has to be done so the vegetables can grow properly. I water every morning and pick the veggies in the evening. Gardening is something special for me. It gives me time to think, hum, sing and just enjoy the outdoors. Buzzing bees as they pollinate the plants. Chirping frogs as the evening sets in. The song of the locust in the summer time is a dead giveaway that you are in the south. Some say the country is quiet but I say it is full of sound if you just stop and take a listen.

No comments: