July 18, 2010

COOKING, BAKING AND CANNING



My weekend started with pickling wild plums by the side of the road. After being inspired by my son-in-law, I picked and canned these tiny sweet treats.





Expecting my honey home Saturday afternoon, gave me good reason to bake some honey wheat bread and cook a big pot of vegetable soup using all fresh veggies.
For me there is therapy and renewing of the soul to peel, slice, mix, measure, bake and cook something from scratch. When I do this, it makes me think of women like my Great-Great-Grandmother. When I think my chores and responsibilites are too much to handle, I think of how she must had to do things. I don't have it so hard after all.

Sunday, John and I canned 10 more jars of dill pickles.



It was a very good weekend. Of coarse, I took time to pick some roses from my garden and sit them in the wondow sill. Did you take time to smell some flowers this weekend?


No comments: