I saw something today at school that touched my heart.
A young girl student worker prepared to leave for the day. Her boyfriend was here to take her home as he has done many times. As she neared the door, he stood-moved toward her and held out his had. She looked up at him since he was quite a bit taller. He took her bag and pulled her close. He bent for a quick kiss and and I saw their eyes. It was a look I am (or was) familiar with. Admiration? Infatuation? Friendship? Partnership?or Love?
He put his hand in at the small of her back as they walked out the door. Out into the beautiful sunshine, crisp breeze and walked away. Where ever they went I am sure it was together.
I am beginning to really miss John.
Miss his presence.
His 6'5", full frame with a size 13 shoe that tracked something into the house every day.
Hands like like a bear paw that totally engulfed mine.
Long brown hair and blue eyes.
Broad shoulders and handsome smile.
Dimple in his chin.
Strong, deep, commanding voice.
A man's man.
He could build anything and often did.
There was nothing on the ranch that he could not do.
Although he would say electricity was his least favorite. But he did that too.
He hunted, killed and cleaned every kind of meat found on our 80 acres.
Our freezer still holds the proof.
I completely trusted him and felt safe and secure no matter what the situation.
I miss his presence.
Hearing his voice, his footsteps and catching his scent as he came in the room.
I will forever hold him in my heart.
I think about him constantly and miss him even more.
I pray for patience and strength each day.
I am thankful for the comfort God gives me
and the joy that keeps me smiling-even through the tears.

I wanted to speak of the special love that I was fortunate to have known. I wanted to introduce you to the man I loved and always will. Maybe give you a peek into the man he was. In some strange way, it makes me feel good. To speak of him and smile...through the tears.

1 comment:
What a special way to remember your sweet husband ♥
When my John was gone, I could hear him at times, in my dreams, in my head. He had become so much a part of my life that even when he was gone to Afghanistan it was like he was still here in a way.
Hugs~hugs~hugs~ Cinnamon
p.s my 12 yr old son wears a size 13 shoe. He also has a dimple in his chin :-)
Post a Comment