I wonder if that word "limitations" is even in the vocabulary of a farmer-farmer's wife or a mother for that matter. However, I am learning I DO have limitations. What needs to be done must be spread out more. When you don't have your partner next to you, the load that was once split in half, now sits squarely on your own shoulders. In some ways I find it a little frustrating yet humbling. So this weekend I had a little lesson in prioritizing and delegating.
It began with building a small coop within the coop to house the momma hen and her chicks. This was the priority because they were in danger with our 3 cats roaming and hawks flying overhead. Who knows what else lurks in the brush. I think John would be proud of the simple yet practical design I created. It took me about 3 hours. In the end I was proud...and relieved to not have to worry so much about the chicks.
With the weather getting nicer, it was time to dust off the porch furniture and wash off the concrete. I delegated alot of chores to my ranch hand and hope to learn not to feel guilty.
Suddenly it is time to get ready for the work week.
Weekends are so fast. But this weekend was very productive.
God continues to hold my hand and show me the way and I am thankful.
2 comments:
Great job on the coop....the photos of your ranch are wonderful.
No guilt giving work to your ranch hand...it's his job?
Deanna
First, a big {{hug}} for you!!
I love your little chicken coop. We need to build a whole one for some chickens SOON. You're ahead of the game. So glad you got it done. That feels wonderful doesn't it!?
You are wise to delegate. I remember feeling bad when John was gone because the children had to pick up extra tasks. Some they weren't even ready for but they had to be done. It really was a great time of growth and dependence upon the Lord.
You are doing a great job! I love your porch. It calls out for a tall glass of tea to sip with ME :-) haha!
~hugs~ Cinnamon
Post a Comment