April 9, 2012

Easter .....A time of renewal



Family and Friends.....are such a blessing.
I traveled to the big city to visit some, talked on the phone to others and thought about many. My mind traveled back to last Easter. A big egg hunt and my honey John by my side. This year was so different. I thought about how John has actually sat beside Jesus. He has been reunited with his own father and even met my father. He has no pain and is where we all plan to be some day. I guess because Easter is about death and then....not death. Will I ever be able to let go of this horrible feeling of loss? Maybe after the first year of all of these "firsts".
Then my heart fills with happiness as I look into the smiling faces of my grandchildren or hear "I love You, Momma" from my children. Easter is about renewal-new beginnings. Hope. So this year, I look toward a new beginning and a renewal of sorts for myself. I am still amazed at how life changes so quickly and so drastically. But God has a plan........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easter is about life! You are doing well - you have a wonderful perspective. God sees every sparrow - He certainly knows your every need.

Maria

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

AH, I missed this post.

I have thought about you a lot the last two weeks - my family is all away - I have the little ones on the weekends, but it has been hard! I have found myself having to do things that normally are not my responsibility, etc...I have thought of you and the process you are going through.

I think you are doing so well. The beauty of Easter is that because of the resurrection we too have that Hope!

It gives me goosebumps when you talk about John sitting beside Jesus and meeting your dad...Thank God for this blessed hope!

Love
Deanna

Brenda said...

Deanna, your words mean so much. Thank you.