January 24, 2014

Changes, Changes, Changes

Wow, has it really been 4 months! Time seems to be going by so fast. I have so much to share.
First let me begin with the very biggest change! I have moved to town...and am very happy.

 Going from 80 acres 28 miles from town, to a house in a neighborhood in the middle of town, is quite a change. But I love it. Honestly, it has been a very smooth adjustment. I moved in November and haven't looked back.
 No more dirt road...in the dark...in the rain...on a cold night. No more coyotes howling like they were about to come through the door. No more snakes and worrying about the animals. No more hauling the trash to the dump.
On the flip side of that-no more waking to the view of the pond from my living room window and seeing wild turkey cross the pasture. No more sunset with the sound of bob whites. No more STARS so bright they lit up the night.
I had to the leave the good as well as the "not so good".
However, I still have 2 acres of the ranch. It gives me such a sense of peace to know I am still connected.

There are good things I go in the exchange.
Now my trash is picked up at my curb! I still wake to birds singing outside my window. The neighborhood is surprising quiet. Very quiet. The grocery store is 1.8 miles from my driveway. My car stays cleaner and I haven't had not even 1 flat tire since being in town. A tank of gas lasts almost 3 weeks! I have neighbors that wave. There is a small park on my corner and an elementary school on the other. I still have LOTS of trees in my yard and room for my garden. I even have a clothes line.

Yogi and Sadie came with me. The other animals stayed at the ranch with the new owners. I was worried about Yogi adjusting but she is doing amazingly well. She had found a new joy....chasing squirrels. I really think she will catch one sooner or later. We often walk to the park and she has done very well. I had begun walking her on a leash well before we moved which helped. She has no problem with cars and other people...even other walking dogs. I honestly think she understands the changes and is doing her part to adjust. Sadie....well as long as her bed is nearby...she is fine!

My children, grandchildren and myself have already begun making new memories. Thanksgiving was spent eating our usual favorites on the same dinner plates we have eaten on forever. The view from the window was different but the faces at the table were all the same.

Christmas was a blessing too. Little Amy's first! All the others showed her how it is done! Laughing, eating, playing games and getting lots of kisses from Meemaw.


Another change is that I have lost 44 pounds. I started a high protein/low carb diet in early August and ended the diet in November. I will continue to have better eating habits and live a healthier life.
I plan to share the new diet tips and recipes. I feel much better-I am even planning to "walk" in a marathon in February.


I have missed blogging and keeping up with my blog friends. That is going to change. I am back. Back with changes though. There is a quote by C.S. Lewis that fits.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

I invite you to join me as I find that new dream and goal. Let's see what God has in store for this new chapter of my life. I never dreamed I would be starting over at 55 but here I go.

3 comments:

Cinnamon said...

You're back! And you look radiant. Just beautiful. So happy to hear of all the wonderful changes God has blessed you with.

Love your new home and that the dogs were able to come with you. What a blessing.

Thank you for my birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day ♥

~Cinnamon

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Brenda,

I am so happy to hear from you!

I am delighted to hear that you are thriving in the midst of your huge life changes!

Way to go on the weight loss. I guess I am going to have to cute the carbs if I am going to lose at all!

Deanna

Pam said...

I am so glad to see you back. You look wonderful (I just started working on loosing weight as well; you are an inspiration). Love your new home and the sound of your new neighborhood. I completely understand all the comparisons that you feel from the old to the new, from the country to the city and so on; I have thought about these things as well. Even now we are in Phoenix visiting family, and I keep having this feeling of wanting to be here. I loved the C.S. Lewis quote and agree with him. Thanks for popping in to say hi and for the update.
Blessings,
Pam