December 23, 2011

Getting Ready





The first day of my vacation was spent with preparations.



Not leaving the ranch brings me such comfort. The morning begins by watching the sun peek over the live oaks on the hill. Hearing the rooster crow as he and the hens gather at the coop door, waiting to be allowed to run freely. Feeling the crisp morning air as I throw cubes to the cows. They can be very loud when they want something.



Back to the house. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, baking and watching Christmas movies....ALL DAY. I am crazy about Christmas movies. Older ones mostly.


I keep very busy. Then out of nowhere, I am reminded-John is gone. It is strange. Where did he go. Everything is still here...but not him. I look at pictures and sometimes I can almost feel him. I just don't know how I am supposed to do this-live without the love of my life. So one day at a time I will move on. Each day, ask for God's help and hand to hold. He is there....every day.



As we all prepare to celebrate the birth of Christ and spend special time with our families,


I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.



2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Thank you! I love your roaring fireplace. It looks so warm and cozy.

That banana bread looks delicious..mmmmm...yum!

One day at a time....you're so good to do that. When you think about it that's how we should all be living.

Merry Christmas sweet friend.
hugs~ Cinnamon

p.s. When my John was gone, I could feel him here with me in so many ways. Enjoy those feelings. They brought me so much comfort.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Merry Christmas, Brenda.

I pray that God will comfort you this Christmas...

Deanna