December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday





Today would have been my love's 55th birthday.

For me it began in a big bed-all alone.

It continued with tears running down my cheek as I drove to work.

When I returned home, I visited his grave and smiled as I had such

wonderful memories of birthdays past.

Then I walked in the house that John built and was greeted

with a wonderful aroma. My daughters were cooking

John's favorite meal. Venison backstrap and gravy.

We sat at the table-gave thanks to the Lord for our meal-

and wished a happy birthday to a man who was so large in our life.

We miss him, all of us.

Memories are powerful and can sooth the soul.

So as I climb back in that empty bed

I will fall asleep with my memories.


2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

A big hug to you! Let your heart remember all the beauty of your sweet man. Let those tears run. It's very healing. Let God embrace you at your darkest moments.

You make me thankful for many things just by coming here to visit you.

Praying for you tonight~

~Cinnamon

Brenda said...

Thank you my friend. Your words help. Hugs back to you.

Brenda