And it rained and rained and rained!
In 24 hours we got 5 1/2 inches of rain. Maybe I should be a little more specific with my prayers. I asked for rain, and boy did I get it! It was coming down fast and hard with no time to soak in. As a result, we had a little flooding on the east side of the house. So Kelly and I were in the dark, cold, rain digging trenches. But it worked and the damage was minimal. Thankfully we have concrete floors rather than carpet so the clean up was a snap. John had put 2 french drains in the low area with plans for 1 more. Sometimes plans go undone. So that will be added to my "to do" list.
The pond is not completely full but very close! Yipppeeee
Yogi shared her warm bed with Curly kitty.
Living off a dirt road is now living off a muddy road
4 wheel drive is necessary and the norm.
Cute rain boots a must.
Thankful for cattle guards so no gates have to be opened
1 comment:
Happy for your rain and that you had no real damage from flooding...
Deanna
Post a Comment