January 29, 2012

Changes



I have alot of things in the attic that I get to by narrow fold down stairs. That was always "my" area. I keep anything and everything up there. It is difficult to get up there but I usually had someone to help. Since I don't anymore, I decided to make an area in the garage. I never thought about it before because the garage was John's. But I am learning to make changes that work for me. The more I try to keep things the same, the more they change. It is becoming painfully clear to me that I am on my own. Yes, I have friends and family but I no longer have my partner. I am trying to learn how to do things on my own. I know I can ask for help but I am trying to regain that feeling of confidence I used to have. I know it is in here somewhere. It begins with little things like the storage area in the garage.

3 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I can so relate to your post. When my John was gone to Afghanistan it was like I became aware of a new way of doing things....my way. I could make meals I liked and he didn't. I could ask the boys to fix something without being concerned about what John would say. I made decisions based on what I thought alone because he was mostly unavailable. Not that I thought any of that was a good thing. Rather it was just our reality for the year.

You do find a bit of freedom in change. Doing things the way you see best without concern as to what the other might think. Again, not in an unloving way, just a "this is my reality now" sort of way.

I am glad you are moving on slowly....still remembering and loving your wonderful husband....yet adjusting to your life.


That was a lot of rain!! Is it all soaked into the ground yet?

~hugs~ Cinnamon

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I think that is a very good thing. You are right to do what is best for you at this stage of your life, John would want that, don't you think?

Have a good week.

Deanna

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.