January 22, 2012

Makes it Final

In some ways, 5 months seems like forever and in others it seems like last week. But the reality is-time has gone by one day at a time. 24 hrs a day. 7days a week-normal time passing, except nothing is normal.
John and I had talked about beginning a family cemetery on our own property. Sooner than I expected, but it is here. I must say, I like it. It is passed by all who enter the ranch. The headstone has been placed in the cemetery which makes things seem so final. It is a beautiful headstone. It is so hard to choose a headstone for the man you love and the wording that would be there FOREVER. I wanted it to say something about John so that anyone who saw it would know a little about him. It was a hard task but a decision was finally made and now it is here. Believe me, I know it is not something we want to think about, but the truth is-we are all going to leave this earth someday. The people we love the most will be left with the task of making a lot of touch decisions if we don't take care of it first. I am making plans to have all of those decisions made so that my children will not have to. Ok Ok....that is it. That is it for the doom and gloom talk. I just wanted to pass that valuable insight along. Oh, I also designed the granite oval that now sits on the fireplace. The place that made the headstone also made it.





Sooooo, what do you think of the headstone? Just by what is one it, what would you think about this man, John A. Murphy?














1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Has it really been 5 months? It does seem like just yesterday.

I love your headstone. Thank you for the wisdom you have passed on. No one wants to do those sort of things ahead of time do they?

I think the headstone conveys so much love. It tells me that your John Murphy was a man who loved nature. That he loved working with his hands. And that he was dearly loved and very much missed.

hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs!

~Cinnamon